Beginning Tuesday, May 31, Pass Christian Main Street will begin hosting “Tuesdays on the Town” from 5 to 7 pm.
This event will be held the last Tuesday of each month with a monthly theme.
Residents and visitors are encouraged to come out and walk around our beautiful downtown Main Street district while enjoying live music, said Amy Rishel, director Pass Christian Main Street.
Magnolia Bayou will play from 5 to 7 pm at the pavilion on the corner of Davis and Second Street.
This month, participants are going to enjoy appetizers and drinks at local businesses. The recipes are featured in the book “Julia Reed’s South: Spirited Entertaining and High Style Fun All Year Long.”
The author will be in town at Pass Christian Books to sign the new cookbook from 5 to 6:30 pm.
The bookstore will also host artist and author William Dunlap as he signs ?????
“This is going to be an exciting evening for our community,” Rishel said. “I am looking forward to spending a few hours downtown – walking around the Main Street district, sampling the appetizers, shopping the specials being offered by our local merchants and enjoying a nice dinner. I hope to see a lot of people out and about on the last Tuesday of each month supporting our local businesses!”
After the band wraps up at the pavilion, Bacchus on the Beach will kick off with Electric Sheep, playing on the deck from 6 to 9 pm.
Bacchus will also have Happy Hour all day with $2 domestic beers, house wines and well liquor, $4 martinis and margaritas, as well as half-price oysters, only at the bar.
Among the specials offered during May’s Tuesday on the Town:
• Pass Christian Olive Oil and Vinegars will feature a fresh fruit salad with a celery seed dressing.
Shoppers will also be able to five mini bottles and get the sixth bottle free.
• Robin’s Nest in the Pass will offer complimentary beverages and cheese.
Several artists will be present to meet with visitors, and the store will offer specials on selected merchandise.
• Parker’s Inc. will have a discount on all of the pearls at its new location 116 Davis.
• Fatsumo Sushi will feature a recipe from Julia Reed’s South.
• Purple Pelican will serve an appetizer from Julia Reed’s South. It will also have a buy-one-get-one special on odor eliminating candles.
• Hook Gulf Coast Cuisine will offer its fish tacos – two for $5.